Insight Meditation Community of Charlotte invites you to a Half-Day of Practice & Retreat
Regularly winding down with mindfulness meditation creates greater resilience for challenging times.
Take time to cultivate equanimity with this Reset/Restore Retreat before “holiday mode” begins. Includes a classic teaching from The Dhammapada &
- guided & silent meditations
- time for gentle yoga and/or mindful walking
- singing bowl (sound bath) meditation
Recommended: layered, loose clothing, a yoga mat (provided if needed) &
a water bottle with a top. Appropriate & recommended for all levels.
- DATE: Nov 11, 2023
- TIME: 9am-1pm
- LOCATION: Park Road Baptist Church / Milford Chapel / Meditation Hall, 3900 Park Road, Charlotte, NC 28209
- TEACHER: Thia Powers
- FEE: $25, plus optional donation (dana) for the teacher
- REGISTER: IMCCharlotte.org
Contact Thia with questions: ThiaPowersAmen@gmail.com
In our Insight Meditation tradition, the teachings are offered freely, trusting that those who find them useful will support our effort to share them. This is called “dana”, which, when translated from the Pali language, means ‘generosity’.